Never been happier to be Canadian

glirw

Wow we are the same. l keep on thinking that we are different but we are not. Canadians and The Amaricans are the same. We whine and point our fingers at everyone else and then wipe the chicken wing grease of our faces.

The medical profession is an educated gess. As long as someone can make a buck we will pay human rights or not. Perscription medication for example. Had a Heart Attack and the meds killed my pocket... had problomes getting the proper food to eat. If we humans would eat properly and exercize thier would be no strain on any medical system. Meaning the really sick ones are getting the attention they need instead of dealing with food poisoning because the Chicken wings were not cooked enough. As a note: l got great care and the people that invented the Stin l owe you a big kiss and l have lost 51lbs and l releave my stress by fissin'.

Peace Ken

Edited by bowshep

Not trying to start a war here but the facts are changing with regards to the U.S. leading the world in medical technology.... India will be smoking you all counts within a couple of years. Why you ask because the drug dealers aaaahhh I mean drug companies can make their drugs cheaper, do medical trials of all sorts in half the time with a larger population base minus the interference of the FDA and lastly do it all subsidized by the U.S. having the highest prescription drug prices in the developed world. Your politicians agreed to have you pay the higher prices so that you could be the center of research... and you are losing that benefit and getting hosed by the higher prices, but that's capitalism.... You might want to research some facts about what is really happening and how fast you are losing ground in the medical sector.

Another reason that both India and China will eventually lead the world in medical technology is because they are not going to be held back when it comes to genetic testing or stem cell research by the moral or ethical dilemmas other nations are. No religious right to stop it in those two countries.

On the other hand you do really have the Statue of Liberty

Take a flight to India or China and take a drive across the country. Sad day when you think either Country is even close to challenging the US in any part of the economic or political sphere except for cheap call centers, burnt CD's and number of corrupt politicians and bureaucrats. While medicine in these countries may advance because they will use their own people unknowingly as lab mice to test a drug or a new machine, the US will simply import that technology or drug and hire away that doctor and research staff once it is there. When you see all of those documentaries of marvelous medical miracles in India by the westerner who could not afford health care in the US or receive good care in Canada, don't think there are not 10 behind him that went for surgery to their left leg and ended up with surgery to their right. In addition, I would ask the average Indian or Chinese if they are getting the same care as the American that came to pay for it. Last I checked there were tens of thousands of Indians, Chinese and my fellow Canadians moving to the US and not much traffic going the other way. Must tell you something. While they have some problems they have the most efficient markets and most transparent political system in the world. That allows for change and innovation that will always win vs. any economy and political system in existence today, especially in China or India. Even though it may not seem like it right now.

Right on cue;

China executes ex-food and drug chief By ALEXA OLESEN, Associated Press Writer

1 hour, 13 minutes ago

China executed the former head of its food and drug watchdog on Tuesday for approving untested medicine in exchange for cash, the strongest signal yet from Beijing that it is serious about tackling its product safety crisis.

The execution of former State Food and Drug Administration director Zheng Xiaoyu was confirmed by state television and the official Xinhua News Agency.

During Zheng's tenure from 1998 to 2005, his agency approved six medicines that turned out to be fake, and the drug-makers used falsified documents to apply for approvals, according to previous state media reports. One antibiotic caused the deaths of at least 10 people.................................

full story

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070710/ap_on_...F2Tqh6ezef9xg8F

Guest Johnny Bass
I've spent 17 years in Arizona & the fact is that illegals GET FREE MEDICAL TREATMENT by going to the Emg Rooms. Thats the way it is. In Toronto , I doubt they know much about medical laws in the states except what Moore tells them. I live here , I have worked in the medical field, I have worked in hospitals, I have seen it with my eyes not Moores films of Bull

I guess you didn't read the article that I did, of hospitals dumping patients on Skid Row in LA. I can post it for you if you like.

Its no secret that the US health care system is hurting and the ones with the biggest complaints are the elderly!Prescription meds are too high!

Every study I have seen has graded the US health care very poorly. The opnly people that keep on touting the horn on America's amazing health care are the people funded by the actual people benefitting from the system. Doctors and Pharmacies..

I'm not trying to bash the US. I'm just saying they need to fix their broken health care system. O can post alot of articles on flaws of the system if you like.

Guest Johnny Bass
I've spent 17 years in Arizona & the fact is that illegals GET FREE MEDICAL TREATMENT by going to the Emg Rooms. Thats the way it is. In Toronto , I doubt they know much about medical laws in the states except what Moore tells them. I live here , I have worked in the medical field, I have worked in hospitals, I have seen it with my eyes not Moores films of Bull

I guess you didn't read the article that I did, of hospitals dumping patients on Skid Row in LA. I can post it for you if you like.

Its no secret that the US health care system is hurting and the ones with the biggest complaints are the elderly!Prescription meds are too high!

Every study I have seen has graded the US health care very poorly. The opnly people that keep on touting the horn on America's amazing health care are the people funded by the actual people benefitting from the system. Doctors and Pharmacies..

I'm not trying to bash the US. I'm just saying they need to fix their broken health care system. O can post alot of articles on flaws of the system if you like.

I would agree with you that US system needs help. That said, I would much rather be an uninsured individual in the US then the person born and living in India or China that needs serious western level of health care.

The thread started with someone calling Moore a genius for degrading the same country he exploits to sell his fictional movies. My point is Moore is a joke.

End result, US system not perfect, neither is Canadian. Both need serious help. Let’s fish.

This MIGHT be off-topic, slightly, but I think I'd like to see an expose on dentists done by Mr. Moore . . . . now THERE'S an industry where you can get treated as a second (or THIRD) class citizen, and get the bum's rush out the door if you're not insured & have no money in this great country of ours!! After my last check-up, I got a bill for X-rays & cleaning, plus repairing a SMALL chip off a front tooth (didn't even require freezing, took 15 - 20 minutes) for SEVEN HUNDRED & FORTY DOLLARS. I have insurance (Post Office), but I STILL had to pay nearly $200.00!! So o o o . . . . what does a guy . . . or single Mom (NOT on welfare) do if their kids need dental work, and they're not insured? As EVERYBODY knows, bad teeth may not KILL you, but they sure can make life H E L L !! And just TRY to get work done if they think you can't pay . .. GOOD LUCK!!

This proves the point that we already have two tiered healthcare system in Canada. Everyone (if you can find one) can go see a family physician and not pay a cent. But if you need to see a dentist, massage therapist etc, you are paying out of your pocket and yes, you pay if you don't have extra benefits from your employer.

Now, with this said, I am very happy to pay my taxes and see my doctor or go to a walk-in or ER if needed and only have to pull a health card out of my wallet.

I have many relatives whom live in the US and most of them have medical insurance thankfully! My one Uncle has had many surgeries and tests that would have lost him house several times over by now if he didn't. The main problem I have with the American healthcare system is all the pill pushing doctors do. My Grandfather was on so many pills that none of us knew what they really did or if he REALLY needed them. But, that's a whole other topic.

As much as I would love to see a 100% success rate in patient care in Canada, we need to be realistic about this. Where people are involved mistakes are going to happen, things are missed. My sister in law just lost her father from cancer, he lived in NB. For weeks they couldn't find the 4 brain tumors that were causing him to loose his vision, hearing and speech?! As frustrating as this is, this is what happens. It's also very easy for me to say this as it wasn't my father. I have always seen my family members receive great healthcare in Ontario. If there is a way to improve the healthcare system then I am all for it, but not at the expense of those who can't afford it to begin with.

We are citizens of the world and the last time I checked no one human life was worth more than another. Everyone should be entitled to the best healthcare available.

Sounds likeCanadians are complaining about the US health care system. I don't see any posts on this thread from this side of the border complaining about our system. Moore ain't from here either. Sounds too much like penis envy to me. I'm going fishing knowing that if I need it, the Dr's & dentists will patch me up. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim: