Hastings County Fishing

k-max

Hi All, Long time viewer, first time poster. Just thought I would share some pictures from this past weekend fishing a small backwater lake up in Hastings county (somewhere between Bancroft and Apsley). I have been fishing the lakes of this area for the past 10 years and I have to say the Largemouth Bass here are pretty tough to beat, the well-known lakes like Weslemkoon and Limerick regularily produce 5lbs+, and small lakes (like the one I fished this past weekend) where you have to hike into on logging trails have tonnes of 2lbs+ fish. The bite was definitely on this past Saturday, as it seemed the cool weather had them all pretty shallow. In all, Forgive the horrible photography, as I was relying on self taken pics (timer)!

Here is a good example of your average bass of the area, I didn't bother measuring but im pretty sure she was around 2lbs. I landed easily 7-8 of these over 5 hours on the lake

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

Here was a nice healthy bass weighing in at 3lbs 12oz.

IMG_0447.jpg

This was the hawg of the day, taken from right on the lake edge in the tall grass, thankfully she ran out to deeper waters to fight instead of burying herself into the slop. Firewire came in handy here! Fish weighed in at 5lbs 4oz. For size reference, im 6'2" and that's a size 11 sneaker... The scary thing is, this fish looks a bit lean to me (post spawn?) and im sure with a good bit of eating could be close to 6lbs by fall!

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

All fish were taken on a 7" Berkley Power Bait Bungee worm in Black, Texas rigged and fished VERY slow. All fish lived to see another fight!

I wish I had an Argo or an ATV or something, to get into some more of these lakes, because there are some GEMS tucked away there, I hear there are some rainbow trout lakes in the area too! Anyone else fish this area?

Kevin

nice fish, but next time be a man and lip those bass! :thumbsup_anim:

Hahaha, I usually do lip them, but this was my first time using my new scale, never weighed any of my catch before... The tongs on that rapala definitely are the lazy man's way out! No wonder my thumb isn't as shredded up as usual!

Hahaha, I usually do lip them, but this was my first time using my new scale, never weighed any of my catch before... The tongs on that rapala definitely are the lazy man's way out! No wonder my thumb isn't as shredded up as usual!

okay, u get a free pass this time :clapping:

K-max....havent been into Lingham in ages but was told the big fish are not there anymore. There was problems with the dam years ago and since then it has turned into a numbers lake as opposed to a numbers and size lake.