Valens Yesterday

kennyman

I fished Valens yesterday (if you can call it that LOL) :blink: . Threw all kinds of stuff out there, but no takers.I knew the weather was questionable at best, but I if I didn't go I would have kicked myself. It was still nice to get out and I knew I had no chance of catching fish at home. I did have a HUGE boil come up right in front of me and man I was pumped. It startled the heck out of me actually. I threw my spinner bait everywhere around it, but to no avail. I was just hoping for one more nice pike to top off my first real year of fishing. Oh well, I can always pray for another chance to get out. :Gonefishing:

I fished Valens yesterday (if you can call it that LOL) :blink: . I did have a HUGE boil come up right in front of me and man I was pumped. It startled the heck out of me actually. I threw my spinner bait everywhere around it, but to no avail. I was just hoping for one more nice pike to top off my first real year of fishing. Oh well, I can always pray for another chance to get out. :Gonefishing:

I'd trade catching a dozen small fish for a boil like that!... You did good by getting out, and you're absolutely correct about not catching anything by sitting around the house. One good trip will pay for a dozen so-so trips, and sometimes you have those trips that will last a lifetime in your memories and give you the "braggin" rights!!!

Glad to hear you got out. Soft water will be gone soon. Were you shore fishing or in a boat?

I almost brought my canoe (my only vessel). I would have but I couldn't talk anyone to going with me and they are a bit of a pain tossing around yourself (although I'm getting better at it). There are quite a few areas to fish the without a boat anyway. There are a number of docks and a boardwalk that goes right across the lake there. It's actually a nice place. Wish I could catch something LOL.

Questionable weather?? There are 2 answers to that question...

#1. It is unsafe outside=no fishing :(

#2. It is lousy outside but safe=go fishing! :D

Good for you for making the right choice....you'll get 'em next time!!

blyght