1 whitie,3 perch and a dip to cool off

misfish

LOL

It started out to be a great morning walk out and I moved a ton this morning. So did my buddy fishfarmer . We was not sitting for long til it was moving time again and again and again. 11 x to be exact for me. We fished shallow, fished deeper then I like, went shallow and back to deep, til finally,  found some fish. There was lots,but they were very tight lipped.   During 10 am til 11:30, the ice  banged,boomed and shifted like crazy once that east breeze started. Water was sloshing in the holes . Once Lord Simcoe finally calmed down, I was able to hook into 4 fish pretty quick and lose 2 . All with,n a span of 20 minutes. Then it shut down. Screen was white for an hour after . Called it quits . Walking was great. Just ice that required cleats for sure .

Lord Sim played a little nasty on me once I got back to shore. The area was already sketchy getting on, but doable . When I got back well, not so. It was pick a spot and just get across . Well I picked a spot, shoot the smitty across first. My turn and well, dipdadip I go. Up to my waist . Funny how fast an ole man can jump out when he needs to . LOL Needless to say, this access spot is done . To bad as I was enjoying this new spot to me.

Ended the morning with a whitie and 3 perch. Missed 2 other whities. On and off  .

DSCF5266.JPG.4a1fb9963908ef6b8eaeca65d4c24d50.JPG

DSCF5265.JPG.3d05e6a482fb7fe1f25d64391d64e7dd.JPG

Dave fishfarmer walking off in the sunrise .

DSCF5268.JPG.b48cfd5b6bbc3766cc220dd175587284.JPG

DSCF5274.JPG.02d332e90394e5affdcb0e59cea3826b.JPG

DSCF5273.JPG.f4817c49702c92b0152a3be40a61ca60.JPG

• Like 2

Nice going.  I knew it was too bad to get on the ice with my yamadoo, so I turned around and looked for other access. I chickened out 

but I didn’t know it was so broken up that you would take  a polar plunge 

2 minutes ago, Terry said:

Nice going.  I knew it was too bad to get on the ice with my yamadoo, so I turned around and looked for other access. I chickened out 

but I didn’t know it was so broken up that you would take  a polar plunge 

It was giving away everywhere I thought I could cross. Get close to the crack and I could feel the ice giving .

29 minutes ago, misfish said:

We all know the newfie jokes so, how many Italians did it take, to get it out ?🤣:w00t:

8 Italians, 2  ATVs and a snow machine, it was an 8x10 and solid . One lesson learned after that  Scenario always had 2 8x10 in the hut just in case we met a crack. We were lucky there’ was a shelf under the crack. Or it was gonzo! Made for a wet day. Hope you were only waist deep.