lew

How to read your fishfinder

I didn't watch this myself but just from the title thought some here may find it interesting.

If not, don't shoot the messenger

• Like 1

After all my years of fishing a stretch of Lake Erie for smallies the ability to see a couple of hundred feet off to either side would have sure came in handy!

Very interesting video. Just wish I could afford today’s electronics; there’s some amazing crap out there. 

Thanks for posting Lew. 

Dan

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• What's your best boat ramp argument or funny story?

Launched in St.Clair and had trouble starting it.  Took my time cause there was nobody trying to get there boat in.  While playing with the motor a guy says to me "Are you going to be all day".  I looked behind me and it was a guy that wanted to get his boat out.  I said to him "My bad I thought you were fishing there" lol.  A little awkward when I moved my boat to the other side, but all was okay.  Was a lesson learned cause it was my first launch with my first boat.   I'm sure some of you guys

in General Discussion

• When your son takes you fishing

19.5" on father's day weekend 😊 another trip we won't forget!

in General Discussion

• Check your lifejackets

Got a nice 240.00 ticket yesterday, 40 feet from the launch. One lifejacket, the tag had faded so you couldn't read the info. Jacket was still good. No rips or tears, zipper buckles and straps all work. But the tag had faded so that makes a perfectly good lifejacket that works.......a 240.00 ticket. No warning given and the officer was waaaaay too excited by the sight of a lifejacket that he might be able to give a ticket on. Could not get the jacket into his hands fast enough so he could check

in General Discussion

• Fishfinder recommendations

Hi all. I've been looking for my first fishfinder and there are a lot of options out there. I think a basic unit like the garmin striker 4 is cheap and a good value including the gps, ability to mark waypoints. However, the sales guy mentioned that I would get a lot more value out of a Humminbird Helix 5 with built in maps, down imaging, etc. Ofcourse it's a few hundred bucks more. I don't have my own boat now so that I thought the portability of the striker 4 would be great, but appreciate any

in General Discussion