Senko: How Long Do they Last When Stored?

Golfisher

I bought a dozen bags of senkos to take advantage of the sales going on in BPS, and am thinking of going back to grab a dozen more to stock up for next year's spring fishing trip up north. Anyone know how long you can store them? They don't go bad, do they?

Also, any suggestions on three must-have colors would be very much appreciated. Most of the senkos I bought are variations of watermelon with flakes, and want to avoid putting all my eggs in one basket.

Golfish

I have had my tubes and senkos for about 2-3 years and they still work.Just dont let them dry out.

Pumkin with black/red flake work great for me and so does the white with black/gold flake.

My new Komanchi baits in the same colours are working great aswell.

Tight lines and enjoy.

Edited by misfish

Water melon red flake, black w red flake, Smoke w silver/gold flake, Pumpkin seed.

It will be good to stock up on the watermelon as this dissappears off the shelf quite quickly and I find alot of stores don't restock colors after a certain point in the season, which always seems to be way too early.

Les

Oh, and the baits will last forever so long as they aren't made of something like Gulp!

Edited by LesCulpJr

As far as I know, they don't have a shelf life. I have bags that are 3 years old and still seem perfect.

If you can find some of the 301 - Watermelon with a glow Chartreuse tail - they work great on shield lakes. Believe it or not, they are a killer Walleye bait as well as SM and LM.

I have been using the KO MAN CHI baits this year and the( watermelon chart lam )and (black blue swril )have been on fire for me ,the only time I have had an issue with shelf life is with the gulp baits the bag has to be totaly air tight .