Eugenia Lake

evster

Has anyone fished Eugenia Lake before? I've heard it has decent bass in it. All I have is a 10 foot inflatable so I am looking for some of the smaller lakes to go to. Would this lake be ok? Is there public access for me to drop my boat in?

Thanks!

Evan

I was there last weekend.

Stayed at Hawthorn Cottages right on the lake. Great place and only $55 per night for a cabin w/double bed, bbq, microwave, hot plate, fridge, fire pit. They also have boat rentals.

http://www.hawthorncottages.ca/camping.html

We did very well.

My girl friend caught a 6lb bass. I got a 5lb and we both caught several other 2-3lbs as well as the unwanted rock bass & perch.

Tons of spots to fish in the boat. There is a big island in the middle which is great to fish around.

As well, there is tons of shore fishing which is where we caught most of our fish and the 2 big ones. We didnt do very well in the boat but, it was the middle of the day and extremely hot.

You can fish from the causeway on concession rd 8 off of 13 (lots of room but will probably be busy w/the long weekend and all) or you can fish from the Dam which is only 5 min's away from the causeway. (just ask for directions for the Dam w/the steel staircase)

The public boat luanch is right there as well. And for sight seeing... there is Eugenia Falls.

Ohhh, and there is a burger place on 13 that has the best damn Poutine I ever had in my life!

We had a great time and cant wait to go back.

Fished there every weekend a few summers ago, had our tent trailer at Hawthorns. Lots of fish in there and hope some get released or it won't take long to fish it out. Plentiful perch numbers and decent sized bass of both species, bigmouth and smallmouth. Never seen a trout in there though????? As a matter of fact my bro Jediangler is there today in his Yak, watch for his report.