Fishing Report: Lower Buckhorn

ozaibak1

Spent last weekend at a resort in Lower Buckhorn called Sunny View resort. Got there Friday night, told the boat dude I'll meet him at 6am to get the boat setup, and went back to the cottage. Me and 2 friends were partying in the cottage, eventually I decide to sleep at about 5am.

Wake up after an hour, try to get my friends up but go figure theyre out cold. I've learned not too many people can party hard and survive the night, much less wake up after an hour of sleep. Its my love of fishing and promise to the boat dude to meet him that got me out of bed. Actually in the 1 hour of sleep, all I was dreaming / thinking about was fishing.

Go out, the boat dude gives me the run-through of the boat. Tried some dock fishing with artificial fluorescent pink worm, no luck. Switch to black, no luck. Switch to real worms, start getting some bites. Got bunch of perch and a bass, all this time I was watching fish hitting the surface bugs out of reach before I finally decided to screw my friends, get in the boat, and give it a try.

Well I get to the spot where I see the bites, its probably close to 8am by now. Lots and lots of weeds with open spaces between them. Cool thing was sun is out and I saw all the way down very clearly about 8 ft. Drop in the worm... BAM. Largemouth. Drop it in again... BAM. BAM BAM BAM. These bass were going nuts, sometimes id see two come out for the worm at a time!

As the sun got higher, I found I had to lower my bait further and further down, eventually to the point of not being able to see it before the bass were hitting. I caught about 14 bass in 2 hours which is my alltime best by far, averaging about 1.5 pounds a piece. I threw many many back, and brought the biggest one back to the cottage.

We went out fishing later that day but it sucked, the next day caught some bass not too many (i missed the early morning). A cool thing was that 2 smallies we caught both had huge crayfish in them.

I tried attaching some images but it asks for a 'url' address, I did include them in the attachments but how do I integrate them into a post?

bh2.JPG

bh1.JPG