A question about salvaging a NG stove grate

Old Ironmaker

I won't get into the finite details nor regress I promise. The short of it is that a very large pot of water overboiled onto the grate on our NG stove. The grate is no longer shiny, it is so bad the cast steel  and or ceramic coating is spalling. Coming off in large and small pieces of scale. A NG flame on a stove burns at around 2000F. Is there anyway to plate this without spending big coin. It is a very good 6 burner residential stove. To replace it is close to 3 grand. I can tell you I paid far less than 1/2 that. There is no heat paint I know of that will withstand 2000F. I am thinking it must me coated with some type of refractory ceramic as it hasn't turned red. Steel or Iron is red at 900F. I can't find a replacement grate for that model not even from Bosch. This stove should last me many more years. I can live with it, my wife is bothered because it looks dirty, it isn't. Any suggestions besides replacing my wife instead of the grate?

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Thanks Ohio. I can't find a matching grate on the Bosch site. Looks like a comparable is around 300 bucks USD, not cheap but what is these days? Someone on another site made a good point. Boiling water overflowing onto the black grate shouldn't have made it discolour and start flaking off. No longer under warranty. I'm going to call Bosch and hopefully talk to a human being that can speak English or understand my poor French or Italian. Hey that's an idea to pay back for all those customer service calls I had with someone I could hardly understand and they I. Select French and start speaking in my deplorable French language skills. 

LOL, no problem Old, it's not like I can do much these days, so any help I can give helps to keep me occupied in between naps.

If you want message me with the model number of that stove and a picture or link to the part you need? There was an appliance repair shop in my area and the guy had like an old appliance boneyard, no telling what he may have for parts, if he is still in business.