Temps are brutal

dsn

I hear you it sure did honk waking up to a 70 degree house and in my ac'ed car all day...Only to come home with wifey handing me an ice cold pint that was in the freezer for 4 hours...only to find 3 more in the exact same location..... Then going for a swim before dinner.. But I do agree my son plays baseball tonight and as long as the kids are extremly hydrated they all should be fine.. I play ball at 8 and Im not looking forward to that.... At least I can run to my car between innings and chill out a bit.......as long as the kids or anyone is sweating and the water intake ( not sugar drinks and not even gatorade) is of adequate quantaties they should be ok, just watch for a lack of sweating lethargy with some minor motor trembling....Then there is a problem..

Hi All,

Well all I can say is it is nice to be away from the heat and the job. I retired on May 31 after spending

39 years at Stelco working in the Machine Shop.

I dont miss the place but I do miss the guys.

Best wishes and good fishing to all.

Sarmoti))))))))))))))))

LOL Julie....Well get your tooksih down here grl........ :thumbsup_anim:

Yes Europe is being hit hard romania especially, Six deaths now due to the intence heat. My mom just returned to the UK sunday night and went back to very heavy rains & floods. The north of England has had the wettest june on record,Sheffeild is flooded and there are now concerns that a dam just outside rotherham is going to give way. Its really bad over there i have seen some bad floods up in north yorkshire in York especially but nothing like what is happening now.

Helped my brother move yesterday. Boy was it hot. It was nuts. I had to leave my building and walk over to his and in between was a school. The teachers where out with some of the kids. As I walked by I over heard the teacher saying "OK when you run or jog and become hot or feel dizzy and need a break go to one of the teachers or inside to cool off. If you need water there's a place to get cold water. As I kept walking I saw this big shiney BBQ grill!!! :w00t: Thought to myslef wow these kids aren't doing that bad out here at all. It was around 9:30am in the morning. Wish I was having a BBQ. :lol: So you see the school takes care of them very well. least this one does. My neice goes to this school. I thought she might be outside but I didn't see her.

Least today the temps are abit better.

dsn

The guy I really feel sory for is my roofer. He starts this morning and is looking at 2 days of work in this heat. Well maybe this afternoons thunderstorms will cool it off somewhat. Me I got a data centre with 40 tons of A/C here at work, make a great beer cooler too