12 Mile/Boshkung opener

Jigger

Hey guys, just want to start by saying congratulations to all who had a successful Bass opener! Looks like there were alot of big fish caught and the smiles on everyones face says it all! Way to go!

I headed up to 12Mile, which is where my in-laws have a place, for opener. The wind had been blowing hard for a few days, but it was pretty constant as far as direction goes, so I figured the bass would be in fairly predictable spots. Ended up doing alright and when the wind kept blowing the same direction on Sat, the spinnerbait bite was hot as well.

In fact, pretty much everything went, with fish on the aforementioned(I don't think I've ever typed that word...) spinnerbait, senkos, topwaters and jerkbaits accounting for most fish. Had enough of bass at one point and ended up stalking a pair of real nice muskies, but they were to shy too come aboard for a kiss.

Heres the first (legal) bass of the year, spinnerbait fish...

Picture336.jpg

Another...

Picture335.jpg

At this time I realized there was a timer feature on my camera.First Largie came courtesy of a Senko.Funny how I can remember what I caught each fish on, but I can't remember where I put my keys...

Picture338.jpg

This fish was a lesson learner. I was fishing behind a boat that was throwing onto a point off an island. They had just finished doing their thing and took off to brighter pastures. Knowing that they had fished the snot out of the shallow side, I started throwing over deeper water. Spinnerbait still. First cast, three big smallies come out and chase the lure right to boatside and bugger off. Next cast with a smoke grub reeled at hyper-speed,same thing. So I quickly threw out a Husky jerk and it was immediatley attacked by this bronze beauty. Sorry about the backlight shot,this pic does no justice whatsoever to this fish...

Picture337.jpg

The problem with this is I released it right away. The bite went dead on that spot. I learned my lesson. Plug in the livewell and put fish in it when you get them.Also, try and face the sun when you are taking a pic. Caught a bunch more that day, but most were not pic worthy...

Sunday was a little different with the wind coming from the south. The morning bite was good. Hooked up the livewell very first thing and was glad I did. First fish came on a Skitter Walk, second one was on a Senko tossed while his buddy was taking a bath in my livewell...

Picture340.jpg

Had to get off the water early on Sunday as my wife had some plans, but a fun weekend nonetheless!

Cheers.

At this time I realized there was a timer feature on my camera.First Largie came courtesy of a Senko.Funny how I can remember what I caught each fish on, but I can't remember where I put my keys...

LOL...funny how priorities work isn't it??? Great report Jigger...you had a great day out on the water...congrats on the all the fish and the info you shared along with it!