Fishing in the wind.

Roy

Only thing worse than wind is intense heat. Not good for this red bearded pale skin.  But depending on species the fishing can be better in the heat.

Do agree, past couple fall seasons have seemed windier than I remember. Don't much care for it, usually hinders muskie and smallmouth fishing and keeps the boat off Quinte if choosing eyes. Same for spring, it ruins gar, slows crappie and makes jigging lakers more difficult.  And come winter, who needs it.  Still, if it's blowing but doable out there, I'm usually still going.

Let me tell ya about wind. 2:30am this morning, it sounded like a freight train. The wind was so strong . The CTV tower wires were howling. This woke me up and lasted for about 15 minutes. Then I drove north against a head wind of 40-60 kmh gusts. The Ram is not aerodynamic,I can tell ya that. Line blowing off the pin was not fun. Float getting caught in a draft and into a tree branch, Costly $ lose of a good float.   Coming back, the wind assistance, made up for the gas used to get to said fishing spot. Was like I was driving in a draft. LOL