Multi species morning on Wabigoon.

limeyangler

Hi all,

Got out for a couple of hours on Lake Wabigoon this morning. Instead of sledding out I went further up the lake and drove out of the Reserve's landing to almost the middle of the lake. 24' FOW, light action rods with spoons and minnow heads. Started slow but at 11am it went nuts and caught a bunch of crappie, a tullibee, a jumbo perch, a huge Jackfish, and some sauger and walleye. The sauger and walleye were small but I ended up keeping the ones that blow out their swim bladders. Nice bunch of fish for my neighbour, I don't have time to clean or eat them as I am heading to the Caribbean in 2 days for 2 weeks of sun, sand, family, and FISHING!

IMG_5605.JPG

7 hours ago, manitoubass2 said:

Nice lil haul right there!

Sounds like a good time!!! And I'm sure your neighbor will be very thankful

Yeah, nice to be able to drive out, waaaaaay less prep needed, and its like fishing in your living room there is so much space in the Otter XTH Pro Lodge my wife got me for xmas.

6 hours ago, Headhunter said:

Good eats there Simon! I bet I'm not the only one looking forward to your southern report from that cove you fish!!!!

Enjoy your trip!

HH

Yep, a real smorgasbord of fish. I am so pumped for my yearly trip, always different. This year it is windy as heck there, thats the norm, whereas last year it was fairly calm. Will be an adventure to get on fish, but i'm hopefully and have spent the whole evening today on Google earth, searching out interesting areas....have a few new spots to try!