2016/2017 highest number of Ont. snowmobile fatalities

Old Ironmaker

Of all the deaths 1/3 were machines going through the ice. A majority of the fatal accidents due to operators taking undo risks.

Be careful out there guys and gals.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2018/01/22/last-winter-had-most-snowmobile-related-deaths-in-ontario-in-almost-15-years-opp-say.html

the sleds just keep getting faster and faster, its no surprise!

Ive got a couple 500SS's and you can easily kill yourself on those things in the blink of an eye, i couldnt imagine riding the new 800R's 

No different than a highly overpowered streetbike, except in this case you are driving it offroad...insanity

I know of far too many stories of people dying on sleds considering the amount of people that i know that actually ride snowmobiles...the ratio tells the story outright.

I bought a brand new Cat this winter, a 600 2 stroke, and its unbelievable how fast it accelerates, it scares me.  And there are many that are wayyy faster.  Falling through the ice is always a hard thing to understand.  Sometimes the confidence of high speed makes you want to try skimming across sketchy bits of ice.  Also we have a young woman in wood's bay hits a tree.  24 yrs old.  Its a damn shame.