Little Vermilion Now with Pics

hogsmally

Following in Connie and Clive's footsteps, my dad and I fished Little V June 16-23. The wind and cold front that came through really made for a tough bite for us, but we managed 5 Pike over 40 inches for the week, the largest at just over 43". All of our fish came on large spinnerbaits fished on deep reed edges with emerging cabbage on the outside edge.

We had some really tough days, managing only a handful of pike. It seems that the extremely inconsistent weather the area has had has created for some tougher fishing and a lack of good weedbeds, resulting in scattered fish as they move toward summer haunts. Pike also seemed thin compared to pictures of other fish I have seen from this lake, probably also a result of the rain and inconsistent weather.

I think earlier in the year may have provided us with some more consistent fishing with the way the fish were in transition during this week. We saw the best action of 40" inchers out of all the guests in camp this week, and the largest for the week for the entire camp was around 44".

I have fished better numbers lakes in Ontario for sure, with a higher number of 30"-35" fish, but the obvious trophy potential is a reality.

Pictures and more details will follow, but it was a fun trip and I would like to thank all of those, especially Connie, for your advice and help with planning the trip and fishing. I will be back to this lake at some point.

Lumberjack :canadian:

Pics:

Awaiting the trip

P1000022.JPG

Tell the pilot to watch where is going!

P1000024.JPG

My Dad and I have arrived

P1000081.JPG

A couple decent fish

P1000073.JPG

P1000043.JPG

More to follow

Edited by Lumberjack 44

More Pics of the pike we caught-

P1000078.JPG

P1000045.JPG

P1000057.JPG

Thanks again TNGuy

We found fish, but at least 3 of the days were almost unfishable due to high winds. All of the fish you see were caught in a 3 and a half day span. I saw some giants that I did not catch.

Edited by Lumberjack 44