Chandos Lake

ribak

Hey guys

Im going there to a buddys cottage monday-wednesday, and will be bringing my rods upthere. I will be trying for bass/pike obviously, any hints on good areas and baits this time of year? Also I wanted to give carp a try, before its too late, didnt get any yet this year, and cant leave that hole empty.

I will post a report as soon as I get back, and will post pictures!!

Take it easy everyone

Mike

Guest Johnny Bass

I had luck on the south east bays. Probably any lure you have will work. Spoons, spinner baits, spinners, crank baits, ect... I was using Husky Jerks, and minnow type baits and did ok.

I am going up to a cottage for the week at Chandos.

I really want to try laketrout fishing. Never have before.

Couple questions:

1. Do I REALLY need a fish finder?

2. If not, how deep and where should I fish?

3. What kind of lure/bait should I use?

And do the Pike tend to be everywhere in the lake? We are at the Narrows on West Lake.

Any help???

Mike

Guest Johnny Bass

When I was there in the spring, they were between 40-60ft. I would assume at this time of year they would be around 70-100 ft. More then likely if you do not know the lake or have a map, you will need a fishfinder.

Guest Johnny Bass
Good fish,n on that lake.I have fished it 3 times .Lakers can be had along the deep rock edges on the islands,and there are monster pike there and big buckets.

Are we talking casting or downrigging for lakers?I hear you can catch them relatively shallow in the spring but in the summer they go real deep.

Hey guys

just got back from the cottage, didnt do as much fishing as expected, because my buddy didnt get his boating licence, so we were limited to a canoe. It was in the west bay of the lake, and we fished in the area close to his cottage. I got one pike about 25' and lost another one, that must have been a bit bigger. Got a couple small largies, and several HUGE rock bass, all on husky jerks and spinnerbaits.

It was a good getaway none the less.

Guest Johnny Bass
To each thier own.Jerk baits in minnow,black/silver.

Thanks. Planning to go back and will definately give it a try!!!

Guest Johnny Bass
Hey guys

just got back from the cottage, didnt do as much fishing as expected, because my buddy didnt get his boating licence, so we were limited to a canoe. It was in the west bay of the lake, and we fished in the area close to his cottage. I got one pike about 25' and lost another one, that must have been a bit bigger. Got a couple small largies, and several HUGE rock bass, all on husky jerks and spinnerbaits.

It was a good getaway none the less.

Sorry about hijaking your thread.... Thanks for the report, too bad you dont have any pictures!!!