Groom (aka Lynx) Lake

mykolaz

Good afternoon all,

I'm going to a cottage right on the Groom Lake (aka Lynx Lake) just outside of Kearney, ON in the second week of November.

I was wondering if anyone has ever fished in that lake or heard anything about it and can relay the information.

I've exhausted all possible resources on the web and could not find any information about it.

Thank you,

-M

Appreciate the replies Gents.

I've seen the info about smallmouth (walleye, pike), but no actual reviews from people who have caught anything there.

I also know it will be the perfect time to catch Smallmouth and I'm geared up for it - more or less. But I've never caught pike, musky or walleye - which is what I'm aiming for.

In terms of H&B website, it points to Lagoon City, ON - which is ~144km away from the actual lake location. So that was automatically removed from my search.

Regards,

-M

Thank you kindly for your responses.

@OhioFisherman - thank you for pointing me to this document. Going over it a second time, I was able to get the necessary information.

@Misfish - I've not hunted anything since I was 7-8, nor do I have a license to do it.

Regards,

-M

I have caught small smallmouth, sucker, and panfish in the summer. I have had very little success on spinners etc, usually the preference has been for worms. It's a small lake with not a lot of boat traffic which makes it very relaxing. There are a number of other lakes near by that can be explored as well (I have not done any exploring mind you). Have a great time!