One of Those Nights

jimmer

I had a chance to get out on Sunday night for about two hours before dark. I had planned to drift around casting crank baits, rather than battle the rice fields. I caught a few, but they were smaller fish. I could see the rice and it seemed to be calling me. I caved and headed over to a patch that I had not fished much this year. I had a frog and a fluke tied on. I wasn't getting any action on the frog, so stuck with the fluke. I headed into the thickest stuff and everything went crazy. Had a hit almost every cast; they were chasing the fluke even as I was lifting it out of the water. All I would have to do is drop it back in and wham. Even had a good size muskie chasing the thing around. Lost count of the number of fish I caught, but it was one of those nights you get every once in awhile. Nothing huge, but always fun when something is pulling. Sorry no pictures.

I had a chance to get out on Sunday night for about two hours before dark. I had planned to drift around casting crank baits, rather than battle the rice fields. I caught a few, but they were smaller fish. I could see the rice and it seemed to be calling me. I caved and headed over to a patch that I had not fished much this year. I had a frog and a fluke tied on. I wasn't getting any action on the frog, so stuck with the fluke. I headed into the thickest stuff and everything went crazy. Had a hit almost every cast; they were chasing the fluke even as I was lifting it out of the water. All I would have to do is drop it back in and wham. Even had a good size muskie chasing the thing around. Lost count of the number of fish I caught, but it was one of those nights you get every once in awhile. Nothing huge, but always fun when something is pulling. Sorry no pictures.

sunday was absolutely ridiculous on G bay as well...i feel like something happened with the weather...i dont know if ive ever had a morning like that, every single fish we came near hooked up.