Returned from Quebec fishing trip

jimmer

Just returned from a 5 day fishing trip to a lake near Rouyn-Noranda. My buddy and I started going there about 5 years ago, but missed last year. We had joined in with another group who have been going there for 20 years.

The first year we went was the first time that you could drive into the camp

We left early on Canada Day and arrived 6 1/2 hours later. Cottage was ready to go and we unloaded. We mentioned to one of the attendants that we would like to go fishing that day and he promptly got our boat ready. We headed out for the afternoon, but found the bite to be tough and the weather was cold. I think we only caught a couple of walleye and a few pike.

The daily routine was to get up early have a quick bite and head out until lunch, go back to the cabin and eat, go fishing, return to camp and eat, then go fishing again.

The weather varied from windy as heck to summer weather on the last few days.

We caught a crap load of fish considering the unstable weather patterns. We also ate a ton of fish over the last two days. Our best outing was the last evening that we went out. We were out for about 2 hours and caught about 40 walleye.

The sad part about this trip is that I see boat traffic increasing every year, which takes away from the feeling of being in a remote location. My buddy and will probably look for other options for next year, but we get pulled back in due to the amazingly low cost of this trip for the larger group.

It was a nice change from the Kawarthas though!

Great stuff man! Fantastic walleye fishing up that way for sure. I was up in that area last July and it was a banner walleye day under blue skies in 30+ degrees.

I hear ya about going all that way to not feel like you're alone in the wilderness. I feel that way about some of my fishing spots near home so I can't imagine driving 6 hours to endure boat traffic in the middle of nowhere. Good thing about that area is the fishing is usually good everywhere so moving on to other more secluded spots should be beneficial to you.