Hitting Simcoe at daybreak

The truck is parked with the StarCraft Superfisherman 190 (nothing precocious about that name eh?)all hooked up and pointing towards Lake Simcoe. We are leaving from Hamilton at 04:30 to beat the traffic so we don't use the 407. 2 boats going, 2 men in a boat. Being the morning person I am I had to ask my wife what time the Sun's up this time of year. I think we will be waiting a bit before we start dip netting for minnows. Man these retired guys are cheap. Buddy says to me "If we do really well we can spend the night and hit them again in the AM". "Do you know of a motel Jackson's Point way?" I inquire with a bit of surprise in my voice?" he replies "Oh we can just sleep in the truck". Have a nice rest Dom I will wake you in the morning and I will have some coffee on in my room. This is a guy that I have known since the 1st football practice day 1 of grade 9. He collects classic cars. His newest purchase was the same model car he drove in high school. 65' Malibu, mint, black on black leather with I can't imagine how many clear coats, you can use the hood to shave, like a mirror. Better have shades on when you open the hood with all the chrome on that Chevy big block pushing 400 HP, I think his had a 283. Now I know why he has done so well, and I'm so proud of Mary the girls and he, he catches his own bait and doesn't use toll roads. I should have thought of that 40 years ago.

Jumbo's here we come!!!! I sure hope.

Johnny D

Edited by Old Ironmaker