Tips for 6 mile lake

Megacity

Hello people my first time posting. Everyone told me how helpful this board is so here goes:

I am going to be fishing 6 mile lake this Saturday for a tournament and since I am fishing it blind, I would really appreciate any tips with regards to location. We're launching out of Six Mile Park and since I don't know who my partner is yet (engine and boat size) I was wondering if you could recommend closer areas. If you can post here or email them to me at [email protected] I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Megacity

A little advise from someone who has been reading the board for several months and has just joined recently myself. A bit of an intro (where you're from, favorite species, etc) will help your cause not to mention you'll by-pass the shark attack you're going to get from some of the other board members. :stretcher:

And too add,I prefished that lake blind last year. Found spots and fished them. Used them for tourney day and nothing produced like the prefish.Im NO PRO,just found out that day you got to keep fishing and casting and flipping til you get yer limit,then you look for the bigg,ns.It,s all about fun for me.Learn and have fun.

Good luck

Thanks Brookster, guess I learned the hard way. It's ok when you have an administrator of the board treating new members like this, I guess it says all I need to know about this message board. These are obviously the type of know it all characters that ruin so many events. Check your egos at the login! Peace out.

Easy now, no need to be bitter....There is no doubt that over time, certain cliques can develop any time people are together on a regular basis, including online on a board such as this.

That being said, it does take a little bit of nerve to just start posting one day asking for people's hotspots (for a tournament, no less), giving people no idea what your all about and if you intend on sharing any info or just harvesting it from others.

If I knew anything about the lake, I'd share specific techniques, but I certainly wouldn't give away specific locations if I didn't know who I'm giving them to and who they'd be shared with. Andy

Hi Andy, you may be right and I apologise for being so direct about the posting. I have found that previous times, the opposite to be true lol! They didn't care about what I had to say about myself and thought it was a waste of board space. So I thought I would be direct this time.

Anyway, since I am having trouble finding a proper map of Six Mile Lake for the tourney and since I'm fishing it blind, I thought I would ask if anyone could help me out. It's my first time fishing tourneys this year and just want to be prepared.

By the way favourite species is Walleye, night fishing for them from a boat, by a certain waterfall on Isabella Lake if any of you know where that is. And as you can tell I am a new member of Megacity Bass Anglers which is running the tournament. I found them to be the nicest bunch of guys and so far have not encountered any political crap I've heard of with so many other clubs. I also work at BPS part time in the fishing dept. Don't know what else to say. Guess I'll give it another chance!

Take Care

Megacity

Just breaking balls Megacity - You've got to get a bit more of a thicker skin my friend... I would suggest you go and pre fish it first, look for the usual inicators as you would on any new body of water. Maybe troll around a little until you get into something and fan out. Structure, points, drops, stay tight to the weed lines. All the usual stuff. I know that darker spinner baits do work well on a super slow retrieve on that water. Hence Roy's comment about your fishing classes and the obvious irony :Gonefishing: ..

Contribute around here and you will get back what you put in 10 fold. Can't taketh before you giveth... or something like that.