Trailer Vid

DanD

Ski-doo 500 touring (fan cooled) with a studded track. It pulled the hut with three guys inside it last year and the machine seemed to handle it quite well.

I'm also adding a couple more pieces of equipment; 3000lb electric winch and a collapsible grappling hook.

Get stuck, drill hole, put grappling hook into hole, connect to winch and pull (hopefully pull) hut out.

Sounds good in theory. LOL

Dan.

Ski-doo 500 touring (fan cooled) with a studded track. It pulled the hut with three guys inside it last year and the machine seemed to handle it quite well.

I'm also adding a couple more pieces of equipment; 3000lb electric winch and a collapsible grappling hook.

Get stuck, drill hole, put grappling hook into hole, connect to winch and pull (hopefully pull) hut out.

Sounds good in theory. LOL

Dan.

Here is a trick I use if I"m stuck.

Drill 2 holes close together. Close enough that your ice scoop can reach from one hole to the other (maybe 4" apart) . Drop winch line down one hole, grab it with the ice scoop in the other, and hook the hook back to the line. Winch away. Easy cheesie. No need for the grappling hook.

S.

Sound good; but with my luck, I'd be wearing winch cable as a necklace; after the cable blew through the ice between the holes. LOL

Dan.

You can winch a truck out with that set up. That ice is stronger than most people think.

S.

• 2 weeks later...

Still playing with this hut/trailer; and I'm pretty much done; other then cleaning up some wiring that I burnt, welding the new frame to. LOL

When I get back from my trip to the Dominican Rep: I hope there's enough ice to get out with it?

Here's a few pics of it down on its frame.

IMG_1235_zpsct6bvryc.jpg

IMG_1236_zpscrxkbtiq.jpg

IMG_1237_zpsnpext4uf.jpg

IMG_1238_zpsfbj6r9wx.jpg

This was last weekend project; painted the frame/fenders and the complete underside.

IMG_1239_zps94bxwed4.jpg

Dan.

Id say its slick as snot! How much do you figure it weighs?

S.

I'm thinking 800-1000 lbs; by adding up all the individual parts I put into it?

I've been wanting to take it over to flying J to get it weighed; if/when I do I'll post the weight.

My 500 Touring Ski doo pulled it last year with no issues and there were 3 guys in the hut.

Dan.