older Diawa Heartland rod warranty?

GBW

hey all.

the guide on the rod closest to the reel broke so I was wondering if anyone had an idea of what the older rods warranty was. I don't have the model number with me now but I will when I get home this evening. It was a nice and light rod that my daughter really liked. No clue how the ring actually rotted in one spot as she never kept her hook on the ring. I told her not to as she could knick the ring and cut the line so she listened and never did it again. Thanks all

G

http://www.daiwa.com/us/service/faq/index.html

"

• HOW DO I FILE A WARRANTY CLAIM?
  • Daiwa will repair or replace without charge any Daiwa rod or reel which is defective in workmanship or materials within one year from the date of purchase by the consumer. Please retain your sales slip as proof of purchase date in the event warranty work becomes necessary. Please follow these instructions when returning rods or reels for warranty repair: Do not remove parts Enclose proof of purchase and a statement of warranty claim with nature of problem. Also, please list the model name and number of reel/rod and your return address. To protect against loss or damage in transit, your reel/rod should be carefully packaged and adequately insured. Please retain all shipping receipts. "

Heartlands have one year warranty,

I don't know where you live but any rod/reel repair shop can replace the guides,

Aikman's in Mississauga is an authorized Daiwa service centre, They will have the right parts.

Thanks but for my 13 year old daughter I got her a new rod and she's happy with it (shimano). I had hope for warranty is all but thanks all

Edited by GBW