Upper Buckhorn Lake - Thanks Guys

fisherman7

We moved to upper Buckhorn Lake about 6 weeks ago and once getting settled in I've had the chance to go fishing on the weekends.

No much to report other than a few bass and I finally caught a very small walleye yesterday on a worm harness but one thing I am impressed with is how the fisher-people I have run into have readily shared their knowledge.

This is especially true of the two guys I ran into yesterday morning in the black Lund. They gave me tons of tips for walleye, and bass and would have kept talking if my darned cell phone didn't go off.

So glad I moved here from the hub-bub of Markham. Added bonus is car insurance for wife and my car is down almost $2k!

I was fishing Cameron Lake on Saturday...left the muskie gear home because of the high water temps and targeted Walleyes.

Fished mid lake humps that topped out at 4 or 5 feet coming out of 20 to 30 feet. Used 1/2 oz chartreuse jig heads with white 4 inch twister tail grubs.

We caught most of our fish between 10:30 and noon. 8 or 10 fish and kept 2 in the slot. There are spots on Buckhorn with similar structure, as well as through the Gannon Narrows and into Pigeon Lake.

I was fishing Cameron Lake on Saturday...left the muskie gear home because of the high water temps and targeted Walleyes.

Fished mid lake humps that topped out at 4 or 5 feet coming out of 20 to 30 feet. Used 1/2 oz chartreuse jig heads with white 4 inch twister tail grubs.

We caught most of our fish between 10:30 and noon. 8 or 10 fish and kept 2 in the slot. There are spots on Buckhorn with similar structure, as well as through the Gannon Narrows and into Pigeon Lake.

Thank you! I'll try it this Saturday/Sunday