Thursday night Carp

ccmtcanada

I decided to head to a different spot tonight....my usual fishing hole has been hit and miss lately. Basskicker and I have been in touch all week about hooking up, so he joined me just after 8:00pm. It was a little crowded there tonight...cant blame everyone...it was perfect weather to be out fishing! Anyhow, the spot I wanted to fish was occupied all night, so we had to cast our lines to a spot that has never produced a fish for me. We had a great chat about his fishing trip up north a while ago... had a few line bumps, but finally, at 10pm, Basskicker packed his stuff and went home. I decided to wait and see if some of the others would leave as well!! Finally, at 10:30, the majority of people left and I inched my chair closer to where I wanted to be.

I was able to cast to the area I wanted, and wouldn't you know it, 10 minutes later, I hooked into this one! It was tricky to get in because the fish swam straight for shore. As I was reeling madly, the fish unfortunately crossed one of the other guys lines and we both ended up having to bring it in. He thought he had hooked it, so the moment of truth came and lo and behold my hair rig was firmly embedded in it's mouth.

He was a great guy...he wanted to learn about hair rigs and feeders, so we had a great chat as I was packing up. I told him where to find the feeders and I gave him a hair rig and off I went.

I didn't bother to measure this guy, but I estimate he was a 15 or 16 pounder. It looks bigger in the pic because he came up close and I did that great "arm extend"....LOL.

gallery_60_23_28097.jpg

Who knows how many I could have hooked into if I had the spot I wanted...oh well...what can ya do right? I was just happy I got one!!!

Great report as usual. it is something i look forward to every night at around 11 30 indeed haha. So please keep them coming Cliff, i might not be able to sleep one night if i don't see one :D

nice fish btw! the head looks so much bigger than its tail section

Sweet report...Nice fish too

I'll probably be spot-hopping around your neck of the woods tomorrow trying a few places. Gotta test out a few new toys...If you see someone studying for an Economics final exam while fishing, say hi.

This is why I can't go to bed early at night anymore I am waiting for the last report of the day and that my friend is fresh fish report.

WTG Cliff :clapping: MTP

You're actually not the first person I've heard of doing that.

I know of someone else who religiously sits at his (or her) computer and presses the refresh button every 2 min awaiting for Cliff's carp reports to come through...Cough cough Victor...Cough cough.

I know of someone else who religiously sits at his (or her) computer and presses the refresh button every 2 min awaiting for Cliff's carp reports to come through...Cough cough Victor...Cough cough.

LOL MJL so true :lol: MTP

LOL...it took Victor a whole 5 minutes to post on this one though...I was very disappointed in him....haha :lol:

Hey Cliff, hope we can find some pike that size next weekend (or bigger). Nice catch! Looks like some fun to reel in.

Bernie...now that the water's have warmed they are a LOT of fun to land. It helps to have 30 pound Power Pro mainline and 20 pound leaders too!! LOL.

Yep...hoping the pike are as big next weekend! Really looking forward to it...