Favorite Fly for Big Specks

Huronmtn

Very possible he just tied a fly, it worked, and he wanted to share...

Sure he probably got inspiration from pictures on the internet, but don't we all?

I truly don't think he meant to rip off the sex dungeon, if he knew all about it he would have to have know others would call him out on it...

My go-to is the zuddler in one colour or another, always have olive, black and white with me, they catch almost anything. Might have to try yellow by the sounds of things too

CH-Zuddler.jpg

The trouble with these complex, time consuming articulated flies is that when casting them against far banks and under trees, you lose them. Well, I do anyway :(

I don't doubt the OP tied up a pattern of his own creation, that fly has a lot of good attributes and easy to see why it's productive...claiming to "invent" a new fly pattern nowadays is a bold statement, but especially more so with this pattern as Galloup has almost a cult like following for his streamers

don't take too much offence, fly guys are typically a feisty bunch...you should see how the spey guys react when they catch ya swinging a little tiny Colorado blade with no fur/feathers LOL

I second this. Lol. A think of few of these guys need to get a life.

LOL please, my responses were pretty measured compared to the kind of reception the original post would receive on an actual fly tying/fishing forum. Classy with the name calling too, not unexpected though.

My go-to is the zuddler in one colour or another, always have olive, black and white with me, they catch almost anything. Might have to try yellow by the sounds of things too

The trouble with these complex, time consuming articulated flies is that when casting them against far banks and under trees, you lose them. Well, I do anyway :(

Nice fly. Now I am really probably going to further irritate some fly fisherman by sharing that I fish my articulated fly on a spinning rod. I never use it on a fly rod for the same reason cuzza points out. I am much better able to control my cast with a spinning rod.

LOL please, my responses were pretty measured compared to the kind of reception the original post would receive on an actual fly tying/fishing forum. Classy with the name calling too, not unexpected though.

Thanks for the warning!! I won't hold hard feelings on my part with you. I can see where you are coming from. I'll add this to my list of adult learning moments. In my case, the entries on that list don't get any less frequent as I have aged.

Edited by Huronmtn

I agree. On a fly fishing forum he would treated disrespectfully too. And I presume you are a feather head purist, which is why you called him out on your own presumptions. Elitist mentality on most feather heads I've bumped in to. Unfortunate to say the least. Edited by VXP

Speaking of being presumptuous...I'm far from an elitist fly-only angler. I do love fly fishing but actually enjoy and participate in all forms of angling. Again, I simply took exception to someone claiming to have invented a fly which is virtually identical to a well known pattern.

Ehhh, it all got settled like big boys are supposed to, a nice ending. My 'fly-fishing' pretty well only consists of trolling a full sink 6 wt in the spring for specks/lakers, but I've yet to find a more productive pattern around here than straight black bead-head woolly buggers, usually size 6. I can never seem to get the brookies onto a good streamer bite (the lakers will chomp them though).