Out smarted by some Rainbows

cwood

I had the day off so I decided to try some tribs this afternoon in the Barrie area. I was drifting Berkley Power Trout worms and I managed to track down some resident bows but couldn't seem to get any takers.

As if getting skunked wasn't bad enough, one bow decided to mock me:

After a few drifts didn't seem to spark the interest of the above mentioned bow, it retreated to an undercut bank. I tried a few more drifts close to the bank but ended up getting hung up on an overhead branch. Since it was obvious that the bow wasn't interested i waded into the creek to untangle my line rather than breaking it. I figured that would scare the bow away but it didn't even move when i was standing only 2 feet or so away!! I couldn't believe that a fish that is so known for being easily spooked would just sit there so after a minute or so of marvaling I tapped it with my rod tip which finally made it move... about 4 feet. haha. I just lauged to myself and left the "bad ass" of all bows for another day.

I just thought I'd share this story because I still can't believe it happened!

If anyone has any ideas on what to use to coax such picky resident bows into biting I would appreciate it.

I've been standing in the trib, and had them come close to me, surface to look at me and then calmly flip their tales and saunter out of there.

I swear I can hear them laughing all the way too. :lol:

Edited by ccmtcanada