Polorized sunglasses

I've read the glass is more scratch resistant but easier to break the lense if dropped...

For me that means in a few years my glass lenses will most likely be clearer the if I had got plastic...

That was my train of thought

Im talking the effect to the eyes.

You can get scratch proof lens, but that cost a fair penny. I use to get it when I needed glasses.

Got my Costa Cortez shades today with the copper 580G lens. They're actually noticeably lighter than my Smith Optics, despite both being glass lens. The frames are made in Taiwan using a lightweight nylon material. My SmithOptics are from Italy. By the feel of it, the Smith Optics seems to have the better quality.

Since I got them just now, I couldn't test them out in the sun, but I still used my computer monitor to test the polarization of the lens.

As can be expected, the lens was able to create a complete black out effect with no distortion or uneven polarization. Smith Optics and Costa certainly have quality lens. There are also some neat looking vents on the outside hinges of the frames for venting. They're quite small so I don't know how effective they will be to prevent fogging on the inside,

One thing that I could possible take away from, is the fit. Costa's website lists the Cortez frames for a large fit, but they still feel a bit tight. My Smith Optics are also on the large fit size, but they actually feel more suited for my big melon. I'll update the circumference here so other people may use it as some sort of guideline on fit.

I'm looking forward to the morning to see how they perform in the daylight.

CostaCortez_1.jpg

CostaCortez_2.jpg

Edited by FrankTheRabbit

i typically buy shades online but going into a store and fitting different frames on my melon is critical. when it comes to fishn glasses, the less opportunity for light to come in the sides top or bottom of the frame, the better -- which is why I find the wraparound bugeye style to be best. just a matter of picking the frame model that accomplishes this best.

Holly, what a pair of shades. My left eye was so relaxed wearing them today fishing the rivers. I didnt have one bright flicker the whole time wearing them. Even the drive home, my stigment didnt even bother me. Im so glad I bought these Maui,s.

Edited by Brian B

Holly, what a pair of shades. My left eye was so relaxed wearing them today fishing the rivers. I didnt have one bright flicker the whole time wearing them. Even the drive home, my stigment didnt even bother me. Im so glad I bought these Maui,s.

For those of us that say it makes a difference, we are not kidding. Glad you like them. I love my Maui Jim's too.