Great Customer Service

PERCHER

I went to Bronte Outdoors today and was talking to Frank about an Okuma 45d Salmon reel that I had bought else were a couple of years ago.I told him that the reel skipped every sixth turn of the handle.He said no problem just bring in the reel and I will call Okuma.So I went home got the reel and went back to see Frank.When I arrived back there Frank told me he had just got off the phone with Okuma and they said just give him a new reel.I was impressed.So I thought I would just let people Know that there are still stand up guys out there who will go out of there way to help.So here is my thanks to Frank and do the people at Okuma for taking great care of there customers.Yes I will be buying another Okuma reel for sure.Mods if this sounds like spam feel free to delete it.I wont be affended.Dan

Percher, I am also impressed with Bronte Outdoors (BO).

On the day before the opening of the trout season I was driving to Fortinos in Burlington. When I was crossing the Rebecca-Bronte bridge on Rebecca St, I remembered about BO. My plan was to go to BO first but I forgot – if I did it after, I would have forgotten again. At BO, I looked around and then went to look at the fly tying materials. I next went to the front to get some worms and a fishing license.

When the fellow was filling out my form, out of the blue I asked him if he had 2 lb test mono line? He said “yes”. I asked him 2 more times and got the same reply. He climbed onto a chair to get the line that was way up on a hook.

All I could think of is the word – “amazing”.

I have been trying to get fresh good 2 lb test line since 1981 when I came down “freedom” highway 401 on a transfer from Montreal to make the GTA my home. I have bought Stren twice from LB and both times the line was no good. Last year I found out that BPS also sold 2 lb test mono but after checking this year, BPS no longer sells it.

I was amazed that a little store like BO had the line that I have been looking for 26 years. I still have not been at BPS.

Last Friday I went to Grindstone in Waterdown to buy some big eye dry fly and scud fly hooks in #20 and smaller – I knew that BO did not go down that small. I asked Frank if he had snow shoe hare feet. We looked and he did not have the feet and before I had a chance to say anything, Frank said that “next” week he will check if he can get them. Right now I am wondering if he will just find out if he can get the feet or if he will get the feet for me to pick up. In either case, I am still impressed with the store.

I know that if LB and BPS had the 2 lb test mono, it would have been cheaper at BPS and LB by about 2 bucks. But then I would have to drive 20 miles to LB or 40 miles to BPS – not worth it – especially if the line were not good. Here BO is about a 5 minute drive from home.

Of course I will go back to BO again. Maybe I can teach him how to improve his fly tying supplies.

I dropped in there one day a few weeks ago while passing through while in between appointments. I only spent a couple of dollars on some jig heads and such. The guy on the counter was very helpful and friendly, I didn't get his name but he was of Asian heritage. Would this be Frank?

I was going to stop in yesterday as I was right there but drove past before I remembering I was planning on dropping in. I had work on my mind I guess.