Bass opener???

fishingguy28

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys what's going on

well as all of you know bass opener is just around the corner.... less than 2 weeks away....

i'm really considering a smaller lake for opener this year and staying away from the more popular ones, a friend of mine and i actually have access to a boat with a 15 on the back....

i was looking for any recommendations and or advice, feel free to PM, i'm not asking for any fav spots by any means, jus wanna try somewhere new...

i'm also considering Algonquin and just renting a canoe.... some advice for Algonquin would be much appreciated as i am going to be going there a lot this season....

smallies and buckets are both the target... i dont play favorites

Hi fishingguy28,

I do most of my fishing from a canoe (except when trolling deep for big fish) and was thinking a smaller back lake as well. I have my favorite lake just south of Parry Sound - but I think I'm going to try something different (and away from the crowds) for the opener. I'll post my results.

Barn

yea i would really like to try a smaller lake aswell.... really avoid the crowds and really work the fish... all fish will be catch and release 100%.... jus wanna take a picture of the bigger girls and let them off ta swim type a thing....

to answer your question Stoty... i live in the mississauga area... just west of toronto....

any advice.... you have quite the bucket in your pic.... i got my PB last year on a small parry sound lake... just tipped the scales at 6lbs....

man i love bass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your willing to drive a little over an hour, I know of a nice small lake that is FULL of Pike, bass and crappie!

PM me and I will let you know where it is.

Thanks for the compliment on my fish.

That is my PB, tipping the scales at 8 lb 4 oz.

The Big Brother Big Sister Catch a Dream event is on opening day in Orillia. A very rewarding experience to take a Big and Little out on the lake for what may be their one and only trip of the season.

There's a BBQ after and sure to be lots and lots of smiling little faces. That's where I'll be.

Charles