putting a price on my used bowmount motorguide?

bawbag

Upgrading my bowmount for next season so I no longer need my original one. I have a motorguide fw-fb 46 lb thrust 12 volt used for 4 seasons. Has some normal wear and tear for 4 seasons of use. From what I have seen from looking online they are $400-500 new I think. No idea what it is worth now... not looking to give it away and not looking to rip anyone off just wondering what I could ask for the motor?

I would say $200-$250. I think half the price of new is a reasonable guideline for a used item in good condition.

Yeah I think the same. So for 4 years of service to you it cost you only $50 to $75 a season (depending on what you paid) so worth it in my eyes.

At $200 I may consider hitting you up for it in the spring (unless you want to move it ASAP).

*edit to add* but what does it come with? How longs is the shaft (didn't search the item yet)?

Edited by GBW

I have a 55 lb wireless Motor Guide with foot control, 24V that is 15 years old. I tried to sell it and couldn't get $200.00, for less than that I decided to keep it. It looks good up there, I never use it here on Erie, twice actually. I call it the "hood ornament". The batteries are more than 200 bucks. Some guys wanted the batteries too, that would be a free motor in my books. I guess it was the age. I wonder how much that was new? Big bucks I think. PM me if you want it.

I would love one of those newfangled I Pilots or similar like Dan Columby had on his beauty of a water craft. Man that is sweet. Some day.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

As for GBW, 46lb and 12 volt for an 18'6" boat is way underpowered. It would work, but you would find it very frustrating after only a few times out.

Thanks Tom! I'm and old school (anchor with lots of rope) kind of guy and my electronics are all point of sight vs humps on a graph for my main lake so it's all good! I use local knowledge vs tech but I'm a tech person so I'm ready to "hop onboard" when the right tech comes along in my $ range.

Sorry to throw this post off track to the OP! But if it fit's how I fish; one never knows...

Edited by GBW

A bowrider will require a longer shaft and more power......a 12V model won't do.

I have a Minn Kota, 24V, 80lbs thrust, and 52" shaft that I plan to sell soon. It's been sitting around for some time. I bought it new some years ago as a spare for when I was doing bass tournaments but used it only once. When I sold the Triton bassboat I gave the purchaser the option of taking the 42" shaft or this one. Obviously, he chose the shorter shaft one as he wasn't planning on fishing bigger waters, So this one has been sitting around since then. This unit would run you approx. $1,500 with tax if purchased today, I'm looking for $500. If interested, hit me up in the spring (I'm in Florida for the winter).

Thanks for the info on a fair asking price.

GBW I think its a 48" shaft. Like others have commented I dont see it working for your rig. On my 16 ft aluminum in waves it would come out of the water and in wind the boat was a kite the 46 lb thrust just isn't enough.