No snow here at all…good time to skate.

limeyangler

Hi all,

Its been the mildest start to winter I have seen for the nine years we have lived here. No snow on the ground in the bush, daytime temps of +4, barely if at all dropping below zero at night. luckily we had a cold snap 2 weeks ago and the lake froze, so we have relatively good ice in front of the ice….loving our evening skating sessions!

Cool Simon :)

Thanks Joey :)

Thats awesome!

The weather is just crazy I cant believe it

Ive never fished soft water past nov 18th and now ive been out twice last week. Looks like solid fishing weather for at least another week or two.

No snow and + temps

Im lovin it but itchin for the sleds to come out

Is jack in hockey yet?

This weather is driving me nuts, have a new otter shelter and a new sled(Bravo)…that'll teach me to buy winter gear before the snow flies!

No, Jack is not in hockey. Its a bit of a shame really, he has never been taught to skate, and does really good considering. He does not get to play much hockey as he has no brothers and sisters and we live way out of town. Hockey not part of my upbringing so he does not get any exposure really. I'm surprised I can even skate….lol….its been about 20yrs since I skated like that….lol.

But with the plow available this year I will keep a spot cleared in front of the house and make an effort to go often, get his skating skills up and then see what is available for him next year….he said this year for the first time that he wants to 'do hockey'.

It didn't take young Jack to get about on them blades. Well done Jack. Next is getting the hip check down pat. That way dad wont be able to skate by ya. :whistling::D

LOL…that's why I stay a good distance away from Erika (my wife) she is lethal!

Thats cool! My kids all skate but only one is in hockey.

I sure love hitting the outdoor rinks with them though!

I hear ya on not skating though. I just started again maybe 6-7 years ago after a 15 year hiatus and the first 20 minutes or so were comical???

Came back pretty quick though. Probably my fav thing to do in the winter behind fishing and sledding.

Jack is doing just fine at that age! Looks like a natural!