Brook Trout

Stern Rules

I'm used to fishing for little brookies in New Brunswick but don't know where I could fish 'em within 3 hours of Brantford. Didn't realize they were around here. Anyone know good creeks or such that hold 'em? :dunno: Not necessarily looking for big ones just to catch 'em for fun really.

Less than 15 mins driving from Brantford in justabout any direction will get you into brook trout but unfortunately, ya gotta do the legwork of finding the creeks yourself around here as most people are very tight lipped and protective of their creeks when it comes to brook trout in Southern Ont.

Send me a PM and I might reveal one of the better known places but not any secerts on the public boards!

jjcanoe

jjcanoe is correct, you can catch specs pretty much threw out all of southern Ontario, the tough job remains finding your own personal honey hole and of course not over fishing the resident population, it only take a few people to over take their limit and honey hole has now become a HOLE. My advise would be to invest in a topography map (only cost you a few bucks) and fish alot of the feeder creeks off any of the major water systems (Credit, Humber, Grand) You'll be surprised at how a small trickle of water can hold some nice size specs.

Good luck

I had heard that a 10+ lb Brookie was taken in SW ont about 15 yrs ago. That may be a fish tale as to the location I was told but I did see the mount....HUGE! I do know from experience that there are some nice brookies in that creek.

jjcanoe

topo maps and go for a few walks. the stream i goto thats 15 minutes away from brantford is small enough to jump over in most places yet ive caught a bunch of 10-12" brookies out of it :thumbsup_anim: they are around but i wont even tell my friends where they are :whistling:

Corn Nug we'll have to talk, my wife and I are expecting our own little fry in the next 5 to 7 days. Once I've recouped from that I think Steve you and I should strongly consider a get together. I'll be in touch once the new hatchling is up and swimming. :thumbsup_anim: Can you tell I'm an excited daddy. Hee Hee