Eskimo flip/pop crossover

misfish

Seen this during my visit to the store. Seems they are giving it some good thought. You have the flip as norm, but where you drill your holes, it,s a pop out. Pretty smart if you ask me. Now there is more then enough room for 3 holes, Two for your rods and one for the duser for the finder.

The advert price on the link, is 150 bux less then what I seen this morning.

http://www.geteskimo.com/shelter-eskimo-crossover-1

Checked the specs Brian...same weight as my Fish Trap Pro....so no advantage there. I always set up my hut so the wind is at my back...then I go out the front door of my trap and nothing gets blown around. I think the side door entry on the crossover could be a PITA on a windy day. The fish trap pro has the opening on the long side of the base...which gives you the option of having stuff beside you instead of having to always reach behind yourself or having all your crap out on the ice in front of you which means you have to pack it all back up when you move. I also think setting out the pop out front part looks like a PITA as well compared to just flip over and go whenever you want to move. The video shows a guy drilling a hold down pin through a grommet in the grounds flaps to secure things down. Nice idea if you wanna unscrew things every time you move. I just pile up with snow and move whenever I want. However that would be a good feature if you are out and there is no snow cover on the ice. The only thing I see that I like is the extra headroom for hook sets....but that isn't enough for me to give it a good score.

Much heavier and more $$$ then a pop up...which are the pop ups selling features IMHO.

More cumbersome then a flip...which is a flips best selling feature.

Looks like a swing and a miss to me. No offence to you or anyone who might like what they see in it Brian. Just my take on it based on my fishing habits.

Thx for posting though. I'm just starting to get organized for the hardwater and this has got me even more anxious for some ice.

Would love a side door in mine, but I'd still want the front as well. Side door is perfect for your buddy running over to take a picture of your fish. Also makes it easier for entry the way I fish. Two holes, sunflower heater and finder. If someone opens your front door it swings in against the heater and you always have to be watching it. Also steeping back into your hut on a sloppy day has slush shooting sideways into both holes.

As for the screws,they are for real windy days and yes,I just bank up my hub on normal days. I like the single seat on the one man, Like mentioned,lots of room for hook sets with this design. If I had to chose between my hub and this new set up, Im going with the new. Just pop in the front ,flip and go. All my gear can be stored in it ,instead of having a tub and the hub to drag along. I can break the hub down quick,but it,s the rest of the gear that takes time to get out of the hub and pack away. Thats a P3TA on a windy day.

The side door/flap IMO, allows you to exit without stepping over things in front of you to exit.

It,s another new thing for us fishers to look at. I found it would fit my needs, but am not stuck on the price to buy.

Would love a side door in mine, but I'd still want the front as well. Side door is perfect for your buddy running over to take a picture of your fish. Also makes it easier for entry the way I fish. Two holes, sunflower heater and finder. If someone opens your front door it swings in against the heater and you always have to be watching it. Also steeping back into your hut on a sloppy day has slush shooting sideways into both holes.

That has already happened to me with my clam.Now I have a top zipper and a bottom zipper with a 8" hole for the MNR guy to look thru next time he comes by to check me.I had the hut edges covered in snow and had to use the door to let him check me.Couldnt get my wallet out in the hut so stepped out and the flap blew in against the heater.

Kerry