KORKERS boot, replacement sole question

blaque

Ive got the korkers metalhead boot with the omnitrax swappable soles. Im looking at a more winter friendly replacement sole and see they have 2 different studded options

A "kling on studded sole" , which has smaller studs within a rubber grid pattern

and

Regular studded soles which are monster studs mounted on flat rubber sole with no pattern

Anyway..........not seeing any good feedback on the internets between the 2 and figured id see if any of the steelheaders here had either replacement sole and what the feedback is on either to help me make a decision

The Regular studded soles look to be a bit much to me from the images on the net

I can't offer any input on the korkers, but based on your description and on my own observances, if it where me I'd go with the smaller stud. I use a pan head metal screw in my boot soles, I pick them up at home hardware. They are on the smaller side from all the studs commercially available, and they do the job without being so aggressive. It has to be pretty icy, or the rocks need a pretty heavy layer of scum before I'm wishing I had an aggressive stud. I also don't worry about jumping into my truck with my boots on, or even into my tin boat during the earlier part of waterfowl season as they just don't damage things if your careful and they don't get caught on the pedals like some studs I've had before while driving. Just my uneducated, non korker owning opinion.

Edited by porkpie

I can't offer any input on the korkers, but based on your description and on my own observances, if it where me I'd go with the smaller stud. I use a pan head metal screw in my boot soles, I pick them up at home hardware. They are on the smaller side from all the studs commercially available, and they do the job without being so aggressive. It has to be pretty icy, or the rocks need a pretty heavy layer of scum before I'm wishing I had an aggressive stud. I also don't worry about jumping into my truck with my boots on, or even into my tin boat during the earlier part of waterfowl season as they just don't damage things if your careful and they don't get caught on the pedals like some studs I've had before while driving. Just my uneducated, non korker owning opinion.

This is kinda the way I'm thinking too, the aggressive stud seems almost too much. I won't be scaling ice cliffs lol..... I appreciate ur input