What a place to......

A couple of weeks ago I noticed a female robin in the hanging basket outside in our backyard. At one point when she left the basket I noticed a nest with 4 little eggs. I was surprised that she would build a nest in a flower pot! :w00t: Well about a week later the eggs hatched, but now there is only 2 little babies in the nest, I don't know what happend to the other 2. But they are so cute and helpless. I have been watching them over time, and at times you will see the mommy sitting in the nest with the babies and the male robin will fly over with a worm and feed the babies. Right now though if we want to BBQ, we don't spend to long cooking, we don't want to bother them too much and everytime we go to BBQ, the mommy freaks.LOL. Now the babies have their eyes open and it should not be too long where the mommy will start teaching them how to fly. We were worried about them during the storm last night but they are fine! :clapping: I have never seen a bird build a nest in a flower pot before, and it is very intresting to see them grow and leave the nest.

boatpics007.jpg

boatpics008.jpg

boatpics009.jpg

Yeah h h h . . . . Momma Robins DO tend to get quite hypher when you disturb them when nesting. I had one set up housekeeping about 4' away from a mailbox I delivered to in some creeping vines a couple years ago . . . fortunately these people didn't get much mail. As I delivered the mail on a Tuesday, (first day I discovered her, musta worked AW W W F U L fast over the weekend) she flew right in my face . . . . scared the bejeebers outta me! I found if I didn't make eye contact, and was VERY careful placing the mail in the box, she'd stay put, and hunker right down . . . nearly invisible! I was on holidays the next week . . . my replacement got the same surprise as I had . . . . she then refused delivery the rest of the week, fearing this poor bird was gonna 'attack her, and peck her eyes out!!' All 4 babies made it to maturity . . . . the nest is still there, but wasn't used last year of this year . . . yet? Your 'guests' should be fun to record, right from the eggs to maturity . . . you'll have to get Momma feedin' 'em!

They will build the nest in all kind of "strange" places and I think the safety and security is the main factor. Who knows what has happen to two eggs........, now wait a minute, wait a minute, did I just discover a" crime" here :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: . Almost at the same time you've posted about the missing eggs and apicture of one of the best looking fish fry. :devil::w00t: . Did

anybody notice the ""coincidence""here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

They will build the nest in all kind of "strange" places and I think the safety and security is the main factor. Who knows what has happen to two eggs........, now wait a minute, wait a minute, did I just discover a" crime" here :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: . Almost at the same time you've posted about the missing eggs and apicture of one of the best looking fish fry. :devil::w00t: . Did

anybody notice the ""coincidence""here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL, you are making me laugh! :lol: no, no, I just used normal eggs for my fish fry. :w00t:

You think that's bad, I go to the trailer this weekend, reach under the propane tank cover to turn on the gas for the fridge and stove, jezus-h-c, commotion under there, something comes out and I'm duckin for cover, go back and look, there's a nest on top of the knob for the second tank, 7 little tiny orangy/brown eggs the size of peanuts....from a common house Wren. She better hope the other tank doesn't run out or the nest will do a 180 turn to open up the other tank. Didn't seem to bother her, she was zipping in and out, but noisy in the morning.