Aluminum Boat Brands

grimsbylander

Check out Duckworth, Weldcraft, and Alumiweld. Built to last a lifetime. No rivets in any of these boats. Much thicker aluminum then what you get on the popular heavily marketed brands. A good used one can save you 10 grand on the price and it will sell last a lifetime.

I know where you can get a nice 30' Duckworth cheap. :whistling:

This was yesterday in Alaska. Someone pulled in front of the driver and he swerved to avoid.

The rest is history. :(

b1b0e5b65e98baf570d6dfb9f1019c9c.jpg

+1 for cretliner. I have a '99 utility with bench seats and a split rear. It is one tough boat. It is stable in the water, I can stand on one corner of the transom and the boat barely rocks. I had my motor on lock by accident and hit a semi submerged log. The only damage was a wrinkle in the splash well.

It is all welded of 100 gauge aluminum with a 20 year hull weld warranty, but I haven't needed it yet.

She gets used and abused and comes back for more. She's hauled anglers and hunters. Camping gear for back country trips and deer back out. I've spilled deer, waterfowl and fish bodily fluids and all it takes is a good rinse with the hose to clean her out after. I just slapped a new 25 Yammie on her last spring and she'll do 28 mph with two people and our gear. She's rated for a 40, but I think that would be too fast, especially if I was alone. 25 is lots, besides, a 40 would probably troll too fast.