Maitland Walleye Report

Fish Farmer

Buddy and myself fished Maitland yesterday. Was a little rough going out to 80 FOW. marked very little but the fish were there. What marks we got were on bottom so set up 2 rods one on each rigger down 70' with a home made worm harness.
Very few people out. After about one hour, first fish on, marked that spot and trolled back and forth on it. Was slow till the lake calmed down, we caught our limit plus half dozen Silvers. 2 rods using braid and a fluoro leader with worm harness back 50' on the ball down 70'. Speed was mixed because of wave and direction 1.5 to 2.5.
DSCN0998_zpstmyxq8g6.jpg
2 rods we used one with Power Pro and other with Sufix 832.
DSCN0996_zpsumevfwrm.jpg
Worm harness that did the damage.
DSCN0994_zpskvtejdyq.jpg

The word is that they are moving east which is contrary to the normal migration patterns, there's nothing normal about this year on Erie. Glad you found them Boss. You can't get any simpler longlining than that. And they say downrigging out here is dead. I don't think so. Like you I don't enjoy pulling up boots from the deep tied to all sorts of terminal tackle against the boat speed and current.

Sorry you didn't make a visit the other day. Another time Dave.

The word is that they are moving east which is contrary to the normal migration patterns, there's nothing normal about this year on Erie. Glad you found them Boss. You can't get any simpler longlining than that. And they say downrigging out here is dead. I don't think so. Like you I don't enjoy pulling up boots from the deep tied to all sorts of terminal tackle against the boat speed and current.

Sorry you didn't make a visit the other day. Another time Dave.

Catching those Walleye that deep, they blow up coming to the surface. I've had Perch fight better on light tackle.

I think I'm heading to Hastings Sat. So far the wind looks better for that day.