Gave the other lady a visit today

spincast

When you have two great bodies of water an hour away, sometimes deciding which one to visit is the hardest decision of the day; but when one of them is not playing nice, the decision is much easier.

Headed down to Erie this morning with my usual fishing partner. Today was teach him how to set up and drop the riggers day - the weather man was calling for gentle winds all day. We made the I long run out to 59 FOW off Burwell (about 13? miles), and I did the initial set up. First line was barely down and second one not even rigged when she fired with the big girl of the day. I don't think G was really awake yet :D not his usual smile for a big girl

RIMG0826_zpsjgybwf6a.jpg

about 30 minutes later one slightly smaller hit, and we thought we were in for a hot day. But after a quick flurry it slowed down and we ended up with 4 for 6 on the walters , accompanied by a few of the usual non target species getting in the mix. G had the rigger thing going pretty good by the end of the day.

got a nice one for the table , too

RIMG0830_zpshbsizy8t.jpg

I could do a month of days like this,..... actually, I could do this year round if the weather would just cooperate :good:

Love lake Erie for the multitude of species in near proximity to each other, went out a couple weeks back went for walleye in the morning bass at noon, and ended up with a walleye in 9 fow a couple smallies, silver bass and of course sheepshead haha.

Nice day!

Let me get this straight Rick...You weren't fishing for sheepshead? :lol:

Hey Michael - you just gave me an idea -- Maybe I should have tried making the barnyard beasties my target species? The walleye would bite just to spite me, you think? :dunno: I didn't realize walleye were so camera shy

Let me get this straight Rick... You don't like -30 and blowing winds?

Chad, if I could find a way, I would gladly give you my portion of that, 'cause I know you enjoy it so. Me, As you know, I prefer things, shall we say, less frigid.

Love lake Erie for the multitude of species in near proximity to each other, went out a couple weeks back went for walleye in the morning bass at noon, and ended up with a walleye in 9 fow a couple smallies, silver bass and of course sheepshead haha.

Nice day!

Definitely lots of opportunity for tightlines on E at almost any launch, A B&W day is still on my radar for this year too Lucas - got a spot in mind, just have to get my guide on the right day when he is available and the weather is smiling

Edited by spincast