Gilles lake Mountain Trout Camp

leaf4

Heading up for the long weekend starting tomorrow up to tobermory gonna be doing a little fishing in the canoe, can't seem to find any info on here so I'll report back anything worth reporting lol

Have a good long weekend to those who also have one!

I stayed there for a weekend in August last year. The lake has Lake Trout, so I was planning on targeting them. I never did get out fishing though, it was just too windy to bother renting a boat.
It's a nice little lake and the whole area has a lot of things to see. We drove up to the historical lighthouse - that was an interesting road to drive on. I'll check to see if I have a depth map for you. Good luck!

edit: Gillies Lake Map (Scroll down to the bottom of the page and open the Other Lakes tab)

Edited by adempsey

Thanks for the links OhioFisherman! But I was referring to the fishing haha, hopefully we can catch a few eater trout for a lunch or dinner

Also thanks for the map, hopefully I can find some deeper water if that's where they're marking at... Maybe I should bring my little down rigger haha

Got back into Hamilton yesterday around 7 just before the next downpour, ended up getting a bit of fishing done with just a couple 1lb bass to show for, should've brought my gas 4hp for the canoe as it was waaaayyy too windy to try and get up to the bass hole we found Friday that seemed to produce... But I also should've brought my anchor so we could stop there and cast in. The area was great and the staff/accommodations were top notch I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a full service campground especially those with kids as the swimming area was awesome! It had a jungle gym/slide/water trampoline setup that everyone had fun on

Lol you're actually not far off!

If you do go, and have a downrigger setup I would suggest bringing it as a couple of the seasonals pulled in a few trout trolling about the deepest basin, but its a great place to just relax; no cell service haha