N/F another possible Lake Erie water issue?

Algae bloom is an issue here each and every year for as long as I have been coming here. That's over 50 years, nothing new. With the high water levels this year it's the first year in the 25 I've owned this place it has been so late. With the lack of wind it has floated to the surface just this morning. It has been as early as May 1st here. Farming is the reason, simple as that.

Old, once again the rains started here shortly after planting in my area. I imagine Toledo, a good distance west of me experienced the same thing? A lot of the problems seem to be from runoff from farmers fields.

" Lake Erie Blooms

A record outbreak of blooming microcystis occurred in Lake Erie 2011, in part related to the wettest spring on record, and expanded lake bottom dead zones, reduced fish populations, fouled beaches, and the local tourism industry that generates more than $10 billion in revenue annually. "

Funny that they didn't directly mention farming activity?

Old, once again the rains started here shortly after planting in my area. I imagine Toledo, a good distance west of me experienced the same thing? A lot of the problems seem to be from runoff from farmers fields.

" Lake Erie Blooms

A record outbreak of blooming microcystis occurred in Lake Erie 2011, in part related to the wettest spring on record, and expanded lake bottom dead zones, reduced fish populations, fouled beaches, and the local tourism industry that generates more than $10 billion in revenue annually. "

Funny that they didn't directly mention farming activity?

Every other article ive seen on this references run-off from farming as the major contributing factor. Edited by Craigson