Kawartha report from last weekend

Dutch01

We arrived at the lake around 6:30am and paid the launch fee ($10). I don't mind paying to launch if it's a nice launch and has good parking. This place has nice people running it too, I've rented boats from them in past before I got my own. (PM me if you want the name to rent a boat - don't wanna broadcast. This lake, like much of the Kawarthas, gets enough pressure as is!)

It was supposed to be sunny and hot, but it was grey and slightly cool - which was fine by me! I had expected to be needing the sunblock right away.

We motored out a few hundred meters from the launch and I put out the electric - my new Terrova. This thing is going to save me a ton of gas, I ran it all day and still had 3/4 battery left. GPS spot lock, cruise control and autopilot make life really easy.

We had some good action early. Lots of little bass, which are at least fun, and then my buddy caught a nice Largemouth. We trolled along slowly with jigs and plastic and I picked up a few walleye too, which was a little unexpected. I had thought it would mostly bass we caught. All fish were released to be caught another day.

After 11:00am the Sun started burning, the PWC crowd came out to play, and the fishing slowed considerably. We decide to call it quits a little after lunch and hit a patio at for some cold beer and scenery - it's right at the locks (lots of nice boats with upstanding young ladies aboard cruising by :whistling: ).

All in all a great day, and looking forward to going back again soon.

Dutch

image1 - Copy.JPG

image1(2) - Copy.JPG