Ashbridges Bay boat launch parking

John Bacon

Does anyone here regularily use the Ashbridges Bay boat launch? Is there usually parking available on the weekends?

I am considering launching out of there tomorrow. I don't want to drive all the way down there and find out that there is no where to park.

Also, do you know what is costs to park there? I have only ever used it in April when the parking is free.

Others may know for sure but I was of the understanding that one had to have an Inner Harbour license to operate a boat, from Humber Bay to Bluffers Park. That's a lot of water so not sure hope often they spot check. Thought about getting the license but never got around to it.

and it's a big lot but bring your nose plugs, last time I was there, the place reeked of who knows what died upstream ;)

Others may know for sure but I was of the understanding that one had to have an Inner Harbour license to operate a boat, from Humber Bay to Bluffers Park. That's a lot of water so not sure hope often they spot check. Thought about getting the license but never got around to it.

and it's a big lot but bring your nose plugs, last time I was there, the place reeked of who knows what died upstream ;)

It doesn't go as far as Bluffers. The eastern boundry is around Victoria Park or the Harris water treatment plant. A harbour license is required for the Ashbridges Bay launch. I have one, so that is not a problem.

It sounds like parking may be an issue on weekends.

Thanks for the responses. I have new plans for tomorrow; but may try out there later this year.