Good fishing, good camping

KraTToR

Just spent a few days camping at Long Point PP. Very nice and well equipped campground (sand, not withstanding) and excellent launch/fishing.

Is there anywhere else this side of Sudbury that can offer a similar experience?

Thanks in advance,

K.

lots of parks that offer great camping and fishing and most will be alot less busy than Long Point. Mikisew,Restoule,Six Mile,Bonnechere,Martin River,Sameul de Camplain,Driftwood,Balsam and Emily are all within about 4 hours of you and all offer great camping and some very good fishing.

lots of parks that offer great camping and fishing and most will be alot less busy than Long Point. Mikisew,Restoule,Six Mile,Bonnechere,Martin River,Sameul de Camplain,Driftwood,Balsam and Emily are all within about 4 hours of you and all offer great camping and some very good fishing.

Been to Restoule and rented a cottage close to Driftwood before. Frankly, not that impressed with the fishing in those areas.

Do you have any experience at Killbear?

the campsites are brutal at Rondeau unless you like camping in a open field with everyone else. Never been to Killbear. Fishing is excellent in Restoule,many species including walleye,bass,pike,musky and lake trout and several lakes and lots of back country to explore with very little pressure.I guess it depends on time of summer,july fishing is excellent,august things really slow down.Bonnechere is a nice park has excellent fishing for pike bass and walleye. It has several great campsites along the river which you can boat out to the lake. The site we had i was catching pike and bass all day long from my picnic table. The beach there is awesome. Emily has good fishing but the waterway is very busy.

Edited by bowslayer