tips for pike?

Heybud_e

have been fishing a nearby waterhole running from 4 - 10 FOT, have had some good success throwing shiners and spoons, a couple buddies had success tosses worms on hooks, yesterday was out at that same spot and had nothing to brag about, i noticed the water coloration had changed to murky, not too sure of the water temperature, but the bite wasn't as good as previous, any ideas as to what color variations i could be tossing? this is only my 2nd year fishing them.. any help is great.... Bud

Cold front. Most fish will turn off feeding when a cold front goes through. On Tuesday night, the brunt of it came through, but yesterday was still cooler than normal. Wait til the waters warm some more and if they are still around, the bite will pick up again.

Murky water also has an impact. I usually switch lures to ones that rattle and displace lots of water. That helps them hone in on it.

Now, I'm no expert, but that's what I would chalk it up to.

Edited by ccmtcanada

Seems to me you should throw something that will attract some attention. I'd say a flame tiger or flame perch pattern and slow down your retrieve a little if it's quite murky. Check out a Rapala SSR-7 or 9 in fire perch. These are "suspending" as well, so you can slow it down even more. Try pausing or even letting it sit for a few seconds before beginning your retrieve again. Hope this helps.

I've had luck in the past during a cold front using a Rapala Husky Jerk. I'd twitch the bait and then let it sit for 20 seconds or so. I beleive i had the best luck with a Firetiger pattern in murky waters.

I see kennyman suggests the same strategy, might be worth a try.

good luck

greats thanks for the tips fellas, had a few follows but nothing was hitting, nothing worth using the bat in the camera for, wasnt a waste of day, it never is ..fish or no fish, it was time well relaxed, my co-worker/buddy did hook into a few carp and a few cats, ...

today i am going out again, going to use my 20$ purchase from ebay RAPS-1.jpg see how they work out for me, look forward to posting and reporting something decent!!

Once again, thanks for all the advice fellas....Bud