New Personal Best Carp!! June 5th

ccmtcanada

Congrats Cliff but I hope you won't be offended if I hope we're done with the cold snaps, damn near froze last night (forgot to switch the A/C back to heat..brrr). So does that mean Bly gets to fish tonight? I'm expecting to see a 38" 25 pounder landed by her solo today :)

:thumbsup_anim: Just when I thought I heard it all, you go out & catch carp, during an extreme cold front, and land 'im in the pitch dark . . . . . single-handedly?? To make it more fair (for the carp) you should start tying one hand behind your back, and use a bent safety pin for a hook!! Oh yeah, and a Frabil ultra-light ice rod! My bet is this wouldn't even slow ya down!! The way you have successfully gone after carp makes me figure you might be ready to ship out to Loch Ness and go after the biggest carp of 'em all!! (I've always thought 'Nessie' was just a big ol' leather carp anyway! :Gonefishing: )

That's too funny Steve...I think because bly and I are used to night fishing, we may have a certain knack for it. It's not completely dark where we are, so I basically just follow which way the line is going out...if it breaks the surface, I can usually see it.

As far as making it fair for the Carp...LOL...I'll take my luck as I can get it!! I'm sure the bite will stop soon enough and I'll be skunked my share of times....once they figure out what we are doing..hehe.

Thanks everyone for your replies...motivates me to keep going out to try to beat my PB!!!

Well...tonite I'm at home...it's bly's turn to go out and try to catch those ugly beasts!!! Why did we let our 15 year old go to a fun camp??? Oh yeah...it's her big school trip of the year....LOL