Kawarthas Cottage, 3 day stay

Thrilla

Hey guys, wife wants to get away for a weekend mid July with another couple, looking to rent a cabin for say 3 maybe 4 days, all I see in the area are week long rentals only in the summer months. As much as I'd like to go for a week, with 3 little ones being babysat for the time we are gone, it is just not possible. Does anyone know of a cabin/cottage that is flexible and will rent for a long weekend? I would like to try lower buckhorn or lovesick, though I am not stuck on either, not even stuck on the Kawarthas but coming from Chatham area would like to keep the distance reasonable if possible. My friend and I would be pounding the water pretty much the whole time so somewhere with decent fishing would be top priority for us, And the cabin would have to be in decent shape for the girls.. Any suggestions that might suit our needs?

Thanks in advance.

Call Sunrise Cottages in Buckhorn, their located on Lower Buckhorn Lake and are very nice folks that should be able to look after your group for 3 days.

I've never stayed there but live only 10 miles away and have used their boat ramp many times.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDgQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sunriseresort.ca%2F&ei=RihSVcTpMY2HyATwjoHYCQ&usg=AFQjCNHv11fvEG6TJZDGpVNLfsUby9uZYQ

Most will be full weeks only in July, unless they really need to fill a vacancy. Besides, if you plan on going for a weekend the price is not much lower than a full week at many places.

Regardless, never hurts to call.

I can recommend Elmhirst Resort and Muskie Bay on Rice Lake [although, I haven't been to Muskie Bay since the new owners took over]. Southview Cottages is also OK. Golden Beach Resort has some nice cottages, but it's a really big place and not all cottages are nice.

Camp Fisherman on Pigeon Lake is alright. Pigeon Lake resort is also OK, was a bit more rustic though. I haven't been to either an several years though.

Rice Lake has the nicest cottages but Pigeon always had better fishing.

Could always try private as well. I used VRBO in March and rented a really nice cottage for a weekend of ice fishing.