House boats

tender52

Hi all. I'm online looking at options for next year. The wife has been dying to go to the 1000 islands for some time now. However I seem to be getting the same 3 websites / rentals keep popping up. Of course my question is has anybody dealt with or had experience renting a houseboat in the area? I know how to read topo and chart maps, and am experienced around islands and big water. eg.. getting a 53 ft Crist craft through the moon river to GB, up to Sudbury and return. That said the St. Lawrence is new to me. I am bringing my 2 daughters as well so multiple stops and site seeing will be mandatory. Again if anybody has some dealings please let me know. PM if you wish. I'm not opposed to helpful out of the way mooring spots, swimming or fishing areas. The kids love perch fishing. (as do I) And as they are getting older now, the big fish syndrome is kicking in.

Appreciate any advice

Colin

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g182143-i1641-k4588816-Touring_1000_Islands_via_Houseboat-Gananoque_Ontario.html

This may help? I have never done it but it looks like it could be a great time.

Just from what I saw listed, it's a huge area, I don't think a weekend or a week would cover it well? Too much of a rush?

I would think any marina that sells fuel to larger boats would also have a pump out station for the holding tanks?

No idea what size motor they have, fuel stops may need to be planned? A box on the water is probably going to catch a lot of wind? Hopefully your wife and kids are big enough to help with docking?