Walleye Fishin'

jjjiggin

Just bought my first fishing boat this past fall(06). It is a 89 bass tracker 17' TX tournament. I love the boat but it is definetly a small water vessel! I am looking (and learning) for smaller lakes to take my 9 yr old boy fishing. I had hoped to find some locations this spring to fish for walleye. The fish do not need to be large but plentiful would be nice,so as to appease my less than patient son! We live in Barrie, Ontario and would like some destinations that are within 3 hours to build some memories.

I have fished Nippissing in the past (with success & guides) but I am concerned that the lake is way too rough for my little boat. Is there areas of this lake that are appropriate?

Any help or advise would be gratefully appreciated.

JJJiggin

Lakir is good.Also try the upper French.Put in at Dokus,there are many spots around there for walleye.Fairly sheltered unless you go all the way out to the lake.Good luck

Joe

Where is "dokus"?

Thank you for suggestions! JJJiggin

Just fished the south bay area of Nippissing last week and it is quite sheltered. We were out on some windy days and a slight chop is the worst we saw. Its alot of shallow water in and around the islands (6-8), once you get out past the islands into the main bay, it gets deeper and a little chopier. But still nothing too bad that i experienced. You may need to go a little deeper as fish seemed to be moving around in the 15-25 range. but if your going soon, you should be able to get out within the islands and get into some fishies. Limited knowledge on the lake, but thats my take on it.