Not that we shoot gators up here with them

mr blizzard

We dont shoot gators up here like the swamp people do But can anyone explain why it is easier to find a needle in the hay stack than it is to find 22 lr ammo, phoned places in BC Alta SASK Manitoba and even back in the home town of Barrie, everyone is saying there is a shortage and they are on backorder.

Does anyone know why

Thanks

John

We dont shoot gators up here like the swamp people do But can anyone explain why it is easier to find a needle in the hay stack than it is to find 22 lr ammo, phoned places in BC Alta SASK Manitoba and even back in the home town of Barrie, everyone is saying there is a shortage and they are on backorder.

Does anyone know why

Thanks

John

It is the only board I belong to that is the only reason I am asking a totaly once and only non fishing in any way related question lol

I believe gun and ammo sales spiked after talk of stricter gun control, following Obama's election and a few high profile shootings...and 22 has lower margins like aplumma mentioned, so it doesn't make sense for manufacturers to invest in better equipment

I went 2 months without any rimfire ammo last year and started hoarding ever since, there is no shortage in my house anymore lol...if you want 22, it is out there if you don't mind online ordering...but prices are constantly rising, I would imagine you'd take an extra hit on shipping to the NWT

I watched CCI green tags go from 16.99/100 to 26.99/100 at various retailers in BC...even cheap American eagle went from 2.79/50 to 3.79 between stockings on the shelf

I believe gun and ammo sales spiked after talk of stricter gun control, following Obama's election and a few high profile shootings...and 22 has lower margins like aplumma mentioned, so it doesn't make sense for manufacturers to invest in better equipment

I went 2 months without any rimfire ammo last year and started hoarding ever since, there is no shortage in my house anymore lol...if you want 22, it is out there if you don't mind online ordering...but prices are constantly rising, I would imagine you'd take an extra hit on shipping to the NWT

I watched CCI green tags go from 16.99/100 to 26.99/100 at various retailers in BC...even cheap American eagle went from 2.79/50 to 3.79 between stockings on the shelf

Thanks for the info bare foot , makes sense, but my goodness I remember in high school and college they were as available as the old 177 pellets , hopefully there will be more available soon

Cheers

John